2022 Masters Winner WandererTJ
CreatorsCon 2023 Cosplay Contest Information and Rules
All Contestants must follow all COVID-19 policies and guidelines enforced by CreatorsCon. Information and guidelines will be released when available. Please check the CreatorsCon social media channels and website for all updates.
Please allow only 1 entry per contestant.
Each Contestant is required to bring at least 10 reference photos of their costumes, mid construction, in the form of a folder or notebook of printouts. Digital Images via disk or phone will not be accepted. Key Points of your build is recommended.
• CreatorsCon Cosplay Contest is a craftsmanship centric contest and requires a percentage of handmade elements to your costume as determined by your class. Any costumes that are fully purchased online or via commission will not be accepted with the exception of the Children's division.
• If you are a crafter but not a cosplayer, you may enter a model in your place. However, you must register the contest yourself and be present for the pre-judging to answer the questions from the judges. Any award received will be awarded to the crafter and not the model. It is up to you to compensate your model for their time.
• No nudity, profanity, racially or culturally offensive, politically charged or discriminatory cosplays/ props will be allowed. No liquids substances, glitter, confetti or anything that may become a slip hazard or create a mess will be allowed on stage. No pyrotechnics, fireworks or open flames will be allowed, however, small fog machines may be allowed if kept contained and limited to a small and must not set off smoke alarms. Use caution because any smoke alarm activation will result in an automatic disqualification. Any and all electronics must be self-contained. There are no electrical outlets onstage. If you are unsure, you may contact us for clarification.
• Weapons and props must be in compliance with CreatorsCon's Weapons Policy and local laws. Any firearms without an orange muzzle cap, live steel or projectiles of any kind will not be allowed. If you are unsure if your prop is safe, please reach out and contact us for clarification. In turn, due to safety concerns, contestants may not perform combat simulations. Any projectiles on stage or into the audience (including yourself) will result in disqualification. Contestants are not allowed to leave the stage during their performance.
• Stage time is limited to 1 minute for single and group entries. Please have your 3 poses for photo opportunities worked out. Be sure to give the photographer time to take a photo or two before you move to your next pose. Background music will be provided by CreatorsCon's Creative Staff, as there will not be time to work in requests at this time.
All contestants agree to allow Video Recording and Photography of their costumes for Future CreatorsCon Promotions and CreatorsCon agrees to allow all contestants the use of pictures taken by the convention staff to be used by the contestant for their purposes with the requirement that any watermarks remain on the image.
• All Published awards may be adjusted, changed and/or withheld at CreatorsCon's discretion pending a resolution if problems arise.
Show integrity and the spirit of competition are important! This contest is about balancing fun with true competition and keeping things fair. For the integrity of the contest, you may be placed into the appropriate category/class at the discretion of the cosplay contest director without prior notice.
This has been a difficult year for cosplay builders, and we are supportive of the levity that a host of online contests have brought to the community. As such, for this year’s contest, you may enter a costume that has won a major award in the past, such as a Best in Show or equivalent title. We welcome the best of the best as this is a craftsmanship contest, and all entries will be required to have a percentage to be hand crafted (with the exception of the children's contest)
Violating any of the above rules may lead to disqualification and removal from the premise at CreatorsCon's Creative Staff's discretion.
Novice (10 spots)
This is the Contestants first time entering a costume contest, or they have never won a major award before at any other convention. 45% of the costume must be handmade or heavily modified by the contestant.
Journeyman (10 spots)
Contestants have won 1-2 major awards at any convention. 65% of the costume is handmade or heavily modified by the contestant.
Master (10 spots)
Contestants have won 3 or more major awards in cosplay contests, have taken best in show anywhere, or make and sell cosplay costumes or props professionally. 85% of the costume must be handmade or heavily modified by the contestant.
Novice: 1st receives medallion and $50.00,
2nd and 3rd will receives medallions.
Journeyman: 1st receives medallion and $100.00.
2nd, 3rd will receive medallions.
Master: 1st receives medallion, $200.00 and
a guest/judge spot at next year's show!
2nd and 3 receives medallions.
Judges’ choice awards: Each judge may award a judge’s choice award.
This award is because maybe you didn’t win a mainstage prize, but you left a major impression on the judges in some way, so they want to recognize you.
Registration schedule per location:
Colorado Springs: Registration will open from April 1st, 2023, 7:00pm CST to April 28th, 2023, 7:00pm CST. To register, click the link and email us one reference picture of your cosplay and a short paragraph on how you created it. After we review the applications, you will receive a email by April 30th.
Lafayette: Registration will open from July 1, 2023, 7:00pm CST to July 28, 2023, 7:00pm CST. To register, click the link and email us one reference picture of your cosplay and a short paragraph on how you created it. After we review the applications, you will receive a email by July 31st.
Oklahoma City: Registration will open from August 1, 2023, 7:00pm CST to August 28, 2023, 7:00pm CST. To register, click the link and email us one reference picture of your cosplay and a short paragraph on how you created it. After we review the applications, you will receive a email by August 31st.
Welcome to CreatorsCon! The first convention based on cosplay and prop building!
All our guests are hand pick for their passion, dedication and skills towards creating, crafting and design. Our hope is that you walk away from this convention with a new interest, a renewed passion, or some great information!
Built for cosplayers, by cosplayers!